Language is learned through relationships! Have fun together, read books and connect in as many ways as you can.
I graduated with my Master's Degree from Minot State University in 1997 and have held various positions as an SLP in Alberta and BC since that time. My family and I moved to Medicine Hat in 2007 and love being on the prairies, even though we enjoy visiting the mountains too. I love being a mom to my two teens, and value creativity, kindness and relationships in my personal life.
I am registered with the Alberta College of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology (ACSLPA), as well as Speech-Pathology Audiology Canada (SAC), and have a strong value of life-long learning . In addition to general work with articulation and language, I have been able to gain specialized training in:
- Augmentative Communication (PODD, Boardmaker, Symbol Stix, iPad Apps and various Speech generating devices)
- Fluency (Lidcombe Fluency Program, Camperdown)
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FASD: Doing what works and other workshops)
- Late Talkers/Early language (Hanen, It Takes Two to Talk, Learn to Play)
- Autism (Gestalt language processing, SCERTS, Social Thinking programs, and various other workshops)
- Evidence Based Practice
- Connection and relationships
- Creative practical solutions
- Working together with families
- Honest and transparent communication
I will work with you to build healthy relationships, by finding practical goals and ideas that work for your child, your family and the other professionals involved.